With the end of the year fast approaching, my question for each one of you is: What tactics are you using to end 2019 as ideally as possible and how are you strategizing to have a kick-fanny 2020?
To help you answer this question, here is my last quarter management and leadership to-do list:
- Have you annualized your production, collections and any other key statistics to ensure you are working at an Olympic medal pace
- Is your team on a reward and recognition plan that inspires effort above and beyond, so that you can achieve Olympic medal success?
- Have you had growth conferences so that your team knows how they can merit a wage increase based on affordability in 2020?
- Do you have an end-of-the-year marketing campaign in place so your patients can receive the gift of health for the holidays?
- Have you started your wish list (budget and schedule) annual plan forecast for 2020?
- Have you scheduled a strategic retreat with your team to:
- Facilitate a strengths, challenges, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis based on the current and upcoming year
- Roll out new goals per the annual plan for 2020
- Create a customer service strategy for 2020 that is designed to surprise, delight and exceed expectations
- Create a quarterly marketing calendar for 2020 that covers internal, external, advertising and online initiatives, so that the entire team is on the same page and comfortable in their roles of practice marketeers
- Have some fun and do a little team building
Proactive planning gives even the most chaotic practice an opportunity to grow and improve. Creating a vision for the future and organizing your systems, staff and protocols to achieve that vision is the best holiday gift you could ever give yourself, your team and your family.
Follow my checklist and you just might achieve the un-achievable!
Amy Morgan is Vice President of Consulting Strategy, a member of Spear Resident Faculty and former CEO of Pride Institute.