Spear has released a new occlusion lesson.
In Airway vs. Occlusion: The Role of the Dental Profession Part 1, Dr. Kevin Kwiecien helps the practitioner better understand the connection between nighttime bruxism and sleep apnea. These three lessons also include a review of sleep and sleep disorder breathing and addresses the dilemma of protecting teeth with a full-arch appliance in a “physiologic” position versus opening the airway with mandibular advancement appliance.
After viewing this lesson, you will be able to:
- Understand how the initial exam can help identify risk factors for sleep disorder breathing
- Review centric relation (fully seated condylar position)
- Understand why a well-adjusted appliance may not be the answer for nighttime bruxism
- Review sleep and sleep patterns
- Review options for treating diagnosed sleep apnea
(Click the link for articles by Dr. Kevin Kwiecien.)