Keeping dental practice teams intact and motivated is more essential than ever. Retention relies heavily on excellent workplace culture. Having a healthy organization not only targets a practice's financial sustainability but also increases its profits and develops its employees to meet the challenges of the competitive landscape.
Spear has just released two online courses that focus on how to align your dental practice team and then how to compensate them, so they stay for the long term.
These two courses are available now through your Spear Online membership.
Turning Team Dysfunctions into Team Alignment Course Summary
Learn concepts from the book “The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team” by Patrick Lencioni as a framework for dental practice team alignment. Often, leaders may inadvertently incur a series of errors that could easily amplify and generate roadblocks in the quest to excel as an organization. Drawing on his personal experiences, Dr. Ricardo Mitrani relates his lessons learned that were pivotal in his practice's journey to success. A true prerequisite for success as leaders is to inspire team members, and this framework enables practice owners to have the needed visibility to attain sustainable success.
- Use Lencioni's five-team dysfunctions as a framework for team alignment.
- Describe how these dysfunctions are common in dental practice teams.
- Identify solutions to mitigate the effects of each of the five dysfunctions.
- Five Team Dysfunctions
- Absence of Trust
- Fear of Conflict
- Lack of Commitment
- Avoidance of Accountability
- Inattention to Results
Presenter: Dr. Ricardo Mitrani
CE Credits: 0.75
Compensation Strategies for High Performing Teams Course Summary
Practices that want inspired self-directed dental practice teams must create a culture that supports learning and improves accountability for outcomes and results. In this course, Spear's Vice President of Consulting Strategy Amy Morgan lays the groundwork to support merit-based wage, benefits, and incentive strategies that inspire passion and commitment in the team and growth and viability for the practice. She explains the keys to setting up compensation models, rewards programs, and annual plans that encourage self-direction and continuous growth and improvement in those you lead.
- Learn the keys to creating a culture that can support merit-based compensation.
- Discover how to create wage increase models that are affordable, and merit based.
- Learn the step-by-step process to create potential wage increase potential, and individual performance and award increases are measured.
- Explore the role of rewards, recognition, and bonuses in inspiring next-level performance for your dental practice team.
- Laying the Groundwork for Compensation Success
- Making Wages and Incentives Affordable and Merit-Based
- Celebrating Efforts Above and Beyond with Reward and Recognition Models