Earlier this year, Spear Education published a State of Dental CE study where we determined some interesting facts about continuing education from dental professionals.
- 69% chose continuing education to learn new clinical skills
- 61% preferred learning in person
In order to meet the needs of dental professionals seeking new clinical skills in an in-person format, Spear launched a new dental conference for 2022 — Spear Live. Spear Live is a two-day event that is open to all dental professionals and is focused on helping dentists expand their ability to take on larger, more complex cases.
Dental Conference 2022: Spear Live Preview
This live event is unlike anything you have experienced before. Whether you are brand new to Spear or have been a member for years, this is a great opportunity to see some of Spear's most respected educators in one place.
The ability of a clinician to take on larger more complex cases is more important to the health of the practice than ever before. These types of cases produce the most dramatic patient outcomes, are the most professionally fulfilling, and improve the profitability of the practice. Unfortunately, there are numerous hurdles to making this a regular part of managing a practice. This event will help you see and treat patients differently. Attendees will learn from some of the most respected dental educators in the industry including:
- Frank Spear, D.D.S., M.S.D.
- Gregg Kinzer, D.D.S., M.S.D.
- Jeff Rouse, D.D.S.
- Ricardo Mitrani, D.D.S., M.S.D.
- Gary DeWood, D.D.S., M.S.
- Darin Dichter, D.M.D.
The courses are a showcase of all Spear has to offer and are broken up into seven sections, each one building upon each other to give a comprehensive understanding of treatment planning related to complex cases. Upon completion of the two-day event, you will earn 14 CE credits.
Day one includes:
- Practice Models
- Focus on how to identify and get patients out of the hygiene operatory and into the doctor's operatory to treatment plan, discuss, and ultimately accept treatment.
- Discussion about what leads to diagnosis and the treatment tools. Introduction of decision trees and the concept of Facially Generated Treatment Planning.
- Patient Conversion
- Focus on how to present the treatment to patients, how to get your whole team involved in the treatment planning process and the elements that lead to case acceptance.
Day two includes:
- Discussion of the concept of “layered learning” and the inclusion of CBCT and MRIs in treatment.
- Structure and Biology
- Focus on restoration of teeth, adhesive bonding, implants, and terminal dentition.
- Discussion on how airway moves the discussion to health and allows more desire to leave hygiene for a comprehensive evaluation.
- Focus on integrating the topics successfully into your practice and give you tools to implement from Day 1 with confidence.
Our goal is to help dentists achieve higher value dentistry — and this is a unique event that meets that goal. Spear Live is open to all dental professionals and includes special pricing for Spear members.
Attendees can choose from the following two conferences:
Scottsdale Spear Live
Event Dates: June 16-17, 2022
Venue: Spear Campus
Location: Scottsdale, Ariz.
Boston Spear Live
Event Dates: August 12-13, 2022
Venue: Westin Copley Place
Location: Boston, Mass.
The importance of in-person dental conferences in 2022 is greater than ever. Reignite the spark in your practice and connect with your peers. No matter where you are in practice there will be something you can take away and apply on Monday. Register Today!