The pathway to endodontic diagnosis is challenging and can often prevent the clinician from making a definitive diagnosis. In the worst-case scenario, diagnostic pitfalls lead to inaccuracies, which results in unnecessary or inappropriate treatment.
That's why Spear Online has released a new video course on “Advanced Endodontic Diagnosis” with Wisconsin-based endodontist Dr. David Landwehr.
“Only with an accurate diagnosis can effective treatment be provided,” Landwehr said. “A better understanding of diagnostic dilemmas provides the clinician a map to navigate the path to diagnostic accuracy.”
In this CE-eligible course, Dr. Landwehr highlights a variety of diagnostic roadblocks, including the limitations of pulp testing and a systematic method for developing a differential diagnosis of periapical pathology.
Course objectives are:
- Recognize the limits of pulp testing and radiographic interpretation.
- Use a systematic method to formulate a differential diagnosis of radiographic lesions found in the peri-radicular areas.
- Recognize that numerous pathologies can mimic disease of pulpal/inflammatory origin.
Lessons in this course include:
- Introduction to the Limits of Pulp Testing
- Limitations of Radiology
- Systematic Differential Diagnosis
- Multilocular Radiolucencies
- Radiopaque Lesions
- Multifocal Presentations
- Ill-Defined Radiolucencies
- Medication-Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (MRONJ)