A clear vision of the esthetic and functional outcome of a case must be established to effectively communicate the details to the technician who is fabricating the wax-up.
Our new course, Diagnostic Wax-ups, will focus on the clinical process that should be followed to produce a diagnostic wax-up (DWU) that delivers the treatment outcome desired.Â There are numerous inquiries that will be addressed in this course, such as the purpose of a wax-up fabrication, when a wax-up should be fabricated, what type of wax-up should be prescribed and how to communicate details with the technician.
In this course, the following questions will be answered:
- Why should you do a diagnostic wax-up?
- What treatment aids are made from the DWU?
- When should the DWU be completed (timing)?
At the end of these lessons, youâll be able to:
- Evaluate a diagnostic impression
- Analyze a diagnostic cast
- Analyze a diagnostic wax-up
- Evaluate and understand the application of the treatment aids
If youâre not yet a subscriber to Spear Digital Suite, learn more by visiting the overview.