Spear has released a new airway and sleep medicine course.
In “Airway vs. Occlusion: The Role of the Dental Profession” Part 2, Dr. Kevin Kwiecien helps practitioners better understand the connection between nighttime bruxism and sleep apnea. He covers types of sleep disorders, the ramifications of poor sleep quality and then gives an overview of treatment for poor sleep.
After viewing this lesson, you will be able to:
- Understand how the initial exam can help identify risk factors for sleep disorder breathing
- Review centric relation (fully-seated condylar position)
- Understand why a well-adjusted appliance may not be the answer for nighttime bruxism
- Review sleep and sleep patterns
- Review options for treating diagnosed sleep apnea