Building on the concepts and principles of Restorative Design, this workshop captures those in the restorative process by visualizing, planning and creating a treatment outcome. Utilizing two “patients” with teeth that must be changed to produce the visualized outcome, the participant will explore and experience the steps and techniques that let you confidently go from concept to completion.
The systematic flow starts with your communication with the technician, a wax-up that captures your vision, guides that let you produce an accurate mock-up and guarantee adequate space for material, transfer of preparation information to the technician or the CAD/CAM operator, provisionalization, and finally, insertion of the final result with an appropriate cement or adhesive bonding material. Like Restorative Design, this workshop is highly hands-on with extensive demonstrations and exercises.
- How tooth position changes preparation design requirements
- To capture those changes by using a mock-up technique to “reposition” teeth
- Impression and scanning requirements to ensure adequate transfer of information to your technician or your CAD/CAM device
- Creating, trimming, polishing and attaching exquisite provisionals
- When to bond and when (and why) you can choose to cement
- Bonding and cementation guidelines to reduce your stress levels while increasing your clinical success
- Use the wax-up to create preparation guides that simplify tooth reduction by providing a view of the changes before teeth are reduced
- Create a mock-up so that the outcome is clearly visible to you, the practitioner, and the patient
- Using the mock-up to guide preparation design
- Closing diastemas
- Using preparation design to produce restorative repositioning of teeth
- Direct and indirect provisional fabrication techniques
- Shaping, finishing and polishing provisionals
- Communication with the lab using photography and shade technology
- Try-in, adjustment and final bonding or cementation of the restorations
Anterior Restorative Dentistry
22.50 CE Credits|
Call 866.781.0072 or Email email@example.com for additional information.